The other day I came across this bucket list and immediately felt small and insignificant. I have lived the first 22 years of my life and have done NONE of these things. (Scratch that, I’ve been to Hawaii–
#19– but I spent most of the time in the gym scrambling for a spot with the California Storm). Anyway, reading that bucket list inspired me to create my own. Since I am a bit of a realist, it is a much shorter scaled-down version of what I hope my lifelong bucket list will look like, but it is a start. So, here it is—a bucket list of things to do before I graduate!
- I WILL go skiing. This must happen before I graduate—basketball always prevented me from getting out there and now I’ve been free from that excuse for three years, so it’s time to hit the powder.
- Travel to an away football game for the Ducks.
- Make it to Sam Bonds Garage and experience the Eugene music scene.
- Pack a picnic lunch and hit Sweet Cheeks Winery.
- See Blake Griffin play at The Rose Garden (again)—David Stern, please negotiate and end this strike or you will have some unhappy people pounding on your door come November.
- Land a job in the sports industry or in event planning. If that doesn’t happen before I graduate, Mom and Dad will have an unwelcomed houseguest on their doorstep.
- Finish the Bend Ale Trail.
- Make it to Black Butte—whether I hike or ski I do not care but I hear it is an unforgettable place.
- Ride my bike to Saturday Market at least twice a month. There’s nothing like fresh cut flowers, happy hippies and juicy berries to start off the weekend.
- Last but certainly not least, I want get shots up in Matthew Knight Arena. This may happen while a security guard is chasing me in circles, but I’ll take what I can get.
While my bucket list is not half as awesome as its inspiration, I figure it is a start. Hey, at least it gives me ten things to look forward to in this victory super senior lap!